Welcome to Backers Academy. Most of you have played fantasy football before, probably in season long form, but we are going to start with the basics and build from there. Daily fantasy football requires some strategies that are nearly identical to season long, but you’ll also find other concepts and terminology to be completely different. We will focus more on those that are different and highlight various ways you can separate yourself from other fantasy managers. Daily fantasy has taken over in the States and the UK will not be far behind. Now is the time to build a foundation of skill and experience, and this is the place to do it.
- Daily Fantasy Football Basics
- Types of Games
- Scoring in Daily Fantasy Football
- Selecting a Team
- Head to Head / 50/50 Strategy
- How to Select Forwards
- How to Select Midfielders
- How to Select Defenders
- How to Select a Keeper
– This is the best place to begin. Looking at daily fantasy broadly with some definitions and explanations.
– The types of games are what separates daily from season long and we delve into the current game offerings from various sites.
– Scoring can vary across sites and will drive which players make better selections.
– The most fun part about daily fantasy is your team selection. Knowing what to look for and how to construct a lineup is paramount to success.
– Winning in head to head matches or 50/50 leagues is how you will slowly build your bank account.
– Forwards are the most volatile positions due to goal dependence but also can be the highest scoring players.
– Midfielders can vary in skillset and ways to score making them the most versatile of fantasy players.
– On some sites clean sheets are the primary goal, though other sites have branched into more comprehensive statistics reflective of true value to their team.
– Consistently picking the right keeper is the best – and toughest – way to turn a steady profit.